based on my PhD and subsequent work
Decision Making for Flexibility
by Anne Ku
Introduction & Motivation
- why you would want to read this
- why I want to write this
- flexibility comes of age
- different guises of flexibility
Flexibility is a means to cope with uncertainty but at a price.
In this book, we show different ways to measure the value of flexibility.
- What is flexibility?
- Under which circumstances is flexibility useful?
- How do we value or measure flexibility?
- What are the drawbacks in using flexibility as a criterion or objective?
- How do decision analysis and option pricing differ in their treatment